Thursday, April 16, 2009

All about Steve.

I was surprised to see no one comment on the "or Steve" portion of my wife's post. In case you were wondering about that, I will explain. One night, my wife and I, with Kendra in tow, went to Wal Mart. After the 157th "Daddy" from Kendra, I responded that Daddy wasn't here. She asked who I was and I informed her that I was Steve. Every time she would try and ask me a question I would not respond to her until she asked Steve. This went on through the whole store and even on the way home. We had purchased some candy at the store and proceeded to eat it on the way home. When Kendra asked Steve if she could have some I responded that she should ask her mom, which she did, and her mom stated she should ask her dad. Not even hesitating she said that her dad would be fine with it and we should give her some right away. Of course Steve had to give her a hard time saying that we should wait until we got back to her house to ask her dad. She still said her dad would be fine but asked if Steve could come inside and meet Dad. I asked her what her dad was doing and she said probably playing Xbox, which she said Steve could probably play with her dad. Needless to say Steve didn't want to meet her dad. So he escaped out the garage when we got back dad came in the side of the house to see what was going on. If you are confused you are probably not alone as my daughter wasn't sure what to think after that. A few weeks later after processing what had happened that night, she asked Laura if she remembered when dad said he was Steve, and laughing, said that was funny how he tricked us. Now you know the story of Steve.

blog comments powered by Disqus