Monday, June 9, 2014

My dedication to eating right & working out

So I'm renewing my commitment to eating right & working out.  I read somewhere to write it in a blog, and since I have this blog but haven't used it for a couple of years I figure I'd better start using it again.  I'm going to write in this daily to keep myself responsible for eating and exercising.

Here are my goals:

To eat clean-replacing white bread and pastas with whole wheat. To limit sweets and fried foods. To drink more water and limit my diet sodas. To eventually get where I can go 4-7 weeks without any sweets.

To exercise 4-6 times a week.

To be able to look good in a bikini, with a nice flat stomach.

Ok, so now that I wrote out my goals I made a new wall of pictures and motivational quotes I taped to my closet door so I see it daily.  I also cut out a picture of a great looking stomach that I carry in my purse so when I'm eating out I can look at it before I make any choices to remind me of my goal so I can make a good eating choice.

Okay since it's only Monday I've immediately wanted ice cream yesterday.  Didn't help that Chris bought my favorite Mint Cookies and Cream.  I told myself I can have ONE scoop if I make it through the Friday by eating clean. Here is what I've done so far:

Sun:
B-mcdonalds sausage & egg burrito-ate insides only, no tortilla
L-egg omelet with cheese, spinach & sausage
D-Barros 1 pepperoni slice & 4-6 boneless wings (I didn't really count)
Ok I can explain Barros-my Aunt & mom took the family out for dinner so I limited my pizza slice and even though I saw crusts left on the kids' plate I resisted it.  Was still over in calories though.

Mon:
B-protein shake
L-chicken spinach hummus wrap with whole wheat tortilla & grapes
D-t-bone steak, corn, brown rice
S-Kashi cereal
stayed within my calories.  Did my crossfit wod. Only 6 min though-very quick wod but got my heart pumping & light sweat. Drank lots of water & only 3/4 of a diet today. Very proud of myself!

blog comments powered by Disqus