Friday, October 31, 2008

Softball Sadness!

I never thought I would live to see the day that a church softball game would fail to have enough players to play. We recently had our softball season and had over a series of 6 games, a total turnout of 3 players for 3 games and 7 players for one game. I can remember not too long ago, ok maybe it was a long time ago, but I remember in the ward I grew up in there was an A team and a B team for the mens teams. We couldn't have even fielded a Z team. Softball games were the hangout of choice for the younger crowd, and always was a destination of choice when games were being played, regardless if your ward was playing or not. I find it sad and disappointing that the passion and fire for this great game of little skill is no longer a priority for the modern day weekend warrior. Hopefully the one thing I can instill in my boys is the importance for sports and playing them whenever possible. Do I hear a turkey bowl coming, we better have more than 4 people show up for that or I am going to have the whole ward running sprints.

blog comments powered by Disqus